- They're surrounding us.
- I saw them surrounding him.
- The surrounding hills protected the town.
- Circumstances surrounding the textile industry have changed.
- Most castles have a moat surrounding them.
- The surrounding area was very quiet.
- There is a mysterious legend surrounding this lake.
- For three hundred years they have farmed the surrounding land.
- The marauders laid waste to the town and surrounding villages.
- The mystery surrounding his death was played up by the media.
- The smaller planets hovering around the planet Jupiter reminded him of the guards surrounding a king when he walked outdoors, and Kepler called them satellites.
- Nothing can change the look of a city so dramatically as the sudden appearance of a block of offices which towers above all the surrounding buildings.
- Quite apart from the concerns surrounding this injustice itself, it seems grotesque that this situation has been brought about by a committee whose very purpose of existence is the defence women's rights and equal opportunities.
- Surrounding nets
- Surrounding nets (purse seines)