- a message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events; presented in writing or drama or cinema or as a radio or television program
- It's a cautionary tale.
- That's an old tale.
- Who wrote this tale?
- An absorbing tale of adventure.
- What's your favorite fairy tale?
- My frightening tale is based on facts.
- He wrote this fairy tale by himself.
- His tale came home to me.
- The tale is familiar to us.
- A tale never loses in the telling.
- It is a very sad tale.
- The author translated the fairy tale into our mother tongue.
- He-heh... there's a tale behind that, for that place.
- Steve told me the tale of his travels.
- This tale is a trip through infinite space.