to talk into
- persuade somebody to do something
- You won't be able to talk Tom into doing that.
- Tom tried to talk Mary into driving all night.
- I can't believe I let you talk me into volunteering.
- I can't talk you into coming with us, can I?
- I've managed to talk him into buying a new bed.
- I can't believe I let you talk me into this.
- At the seminar, they threw us all together into groups and made us talk together.
- All the sweet talk was just a ruse to get her into bed.
- She's going to talk her father into buying a new car.
- A confidence man can talk his way into a girl's trust with ease.
- I can't believe I let Tom talk me into doing this.
- So glad you've been talked into giving a talk to our student members.
- How did you manage to talk Tom into working for you?
- I couldn't believe I have let Tom talk me into this.
- This indigenous god needs water to have a normal life, move and talk, or its body will turn back into immovable stone.