- (iem.) ertoe bewegen iets te doen of te laten
- cause somebody to adopt a certain position, belief, or course of action; twist somebody's arm
"You can't persuade me to buy this ugly vase!"
- Nothing would persuade him.
- I failed to persuade her.
- We tried to persuade him.
- Tom failed to persuade Mary.
- Tom tried to persuade Mary.
- We failed to persuade him.
- It's hard to persuade Jonathan.
- He tried to persuade her.
- It is a labor to persuade her.
- I tried to persuade her in vain.
- It is absurd trying to persuade him.
- I've managed to persuade Tom to come.
- Tom couldn't persuade Mary to stay.
- Tom tried his hardest to persuade Mary.
- No words availed to persuade him.