- He's under the thumb.
- She has him under her thumb.
- I hurt my thumb doing a handspring.
- His wife has him under the thumb.
- My grandmother has a green thumb.
- He has her under his thumb.
- I pricked my thumb with a needle.
- I pound you at thumb wars anytime.
- He accidentally hit his thumb with the hammer.
- Tom accidentally threw his thumb drive into the garbage.
- He picked up a butterfly between his thumb and forefinger.
- Tom caught a mosquito between his thumb and first finger.
- The glove has a hole in the thumb.
- She had no rule of thumb about it, but she got it right every time.
- The wart on my thumb bled badly after picking at it all afternoon.