- connect to a vehicle:
"hitch the trailer to the car"
- It went without a hitch.
- Tom is hoping that he can hitch a ride to Boston.
- The meeting was going off without a hitch until he threw a wet blanket on it by making silly remarks.
- As soon as our manager got off our backs, everything started to go off without a hitch.
- Proceeding from warm-up exercises to leg kick practice without a hitch, the lesson went completely smoothly.
- towing hook (see Figure 1 — “Hitch-hook dimensions” in ISO 6489-1:2001),’
- ‘Coupling (hitch) height’ means the height when measured perpendicularly from the centre of the articulation point of the trailer towing coupling or hitch to the ground, when the towing vehicle and trailer are coupled together.
- The longitudinal distance from the centre line of the articulation point of the coupling (hitch) to the transverse centre line of the axle of the trailer shall be at least ten times the coupling (hitch) height;
- In order to prevent unintentional uncoupling from the hitch ring, the distance between the towing hook tip and the keeper (clamping device) shall not exceed 10 mm at the maximum design load.’