- The traffic ground to a halt.
- The elevator came to an abrupt halt.
- Then the train screeched to a halt.
- The blue sports car came to a screeching halt.
- The snow brought public transport to a halt.
- The train was brought to a sudden halt.
- The strike brought the city to a halt.
- Do not open the door before the train comes to a halt.
- As the train came to a halt, all of the passengers wondered what was happening.
- Too often, wisdom is simply prudence that has ground to a halt.
- They were unanimous that the war should be brought to a halt.
- Tom stomped on the brake pedal and screeched to a halt.
- All traffic was brought to a halt because of the accident.
- The car dove into the field and, after bumping along for a time, came to a halt.
- After business came to a halt, many bathhouses added new facilities, such as saunas and exercise equipment, in an effort to attract customers.