- an industry that manufactures and sells products containing tobacco
- The fact that nowadays fewer men smoke is a headache for the Japanese tobacco industry.
- Energy related CO2 intensity — food, drink and tobacco industry, t/Mio EUR
- Gross value-added — food, drink and tobacco industry, Mio EUR (EC95)
- The product is used inter alia in the tobacco industry as a moistening substance and is presented in bulk.
- Italian processors of raw tobacco buy raw tobacco from producers and producers’ associations in Italy (as well as conditioned tobacco from other intermediaries), and process (or re-process) it, and resell it in suitable form to the tobacco manufacturing industry in Italy and worldwide.
- In addition, in order to ensure maximum flexibility, permission should be granted for the overall quantity of unmanufactured stemmed/stripped tobacco to be used for imports of other products, on the basis of a coefficient of equivalence, depending on the requirements of the local industry.