a concentrated form of tomatoes
- Tomato concentrate
- 77 % for tomato concentrate;
- Only the following ingredients may be added to tomato juice and tomato concentrate:
- As an additive in the manufacture of tomato juice and tomato concentrate citric acid (E 330) may be used.
- In the manufacture of tomato concentrate in powder form, silicon dioxide (551) may be used.
- not exceed 15 % by weight of the dry weight content for tomato concentrate having a dry weight content exceeding 20 %;
- For the purposes of this title “tomato juice” and “tomato concentrate” mean the products defined in points 11, 12 and 18 of Article 2 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1535/2003.
- For the purposes of this title “tomato juice” and “tomato concentrate” mean the products defined in points 11, 12 and 18 of Article 2 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1535/2003. 2. Article 9 is replaced by the following:
- Tomato concentrate with a dry weight content of not less than 28 % in immediate packings of a net content of not less than 200 kg.
- Tomatoes, prepared or preserved other than by vinegar or acetic acid, other than whole or in pieces, and other than tomato pulp, puree or concentrate:
- amending Decision 2009/980/EU as regards the conditions of use of an authorised health claim on the effect of water-soluble tomato concentrate on platelet aggregation
- Tomatoes prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar or acetic acid excluding tomato concentrate of subheadings ex20029031 and ex20029091 described above.
- Tomato pulp, puree and concentrate, in hermetically sealed containers, with a dry matter content of 25 % or more by weight, consisting of tomatoes and water and possibly salt or other seasoning, in containers holding 5 kg or less
- Commission Regulation (EEC) No 1764/86 of 27 May 1986 laying down minimum quality requirements for products processed from tomatoes under the production aid scheme , lays down the definition of tomato concentrate eligible for production aid.
- Following the opinion of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), hereinafter referred to as the Authority, on the effects of Water-Soluble Tomato Concentrate (WSTC) I and II on the blood platelet activity in healthy people (Question No EFSA-Q-2009-00229) , the health claim stating that Water-Soluble Tomato Concentrate (WSTC) I and II ‘helps maintain normal platelet aggregation, which contributes to healthy blood flow’ was authorised by Commission Decision 2009/980/EU .