- reusachtig; enorm; enorm; geweldig; gigantisch; geweldig; geweldig
- extraordinarily large in size or extent or amount or power or degree
"tremendous sweeping plains"
"a tremendous fact in human experience; that a whole civilization should be dependent on technology"
- It's a tremendous deal.
- It was a tremendous headache.
- The rocket travels at a tremendous speed.
- The earthquake created a tremendous sea wave.
- Tom did an absolutely tremendous job.
- This job makes tremendous claims on our emotional strength.
- The merchant accumulated tremendous fortune during the postwar era.
- He accumulated a tremendous fortune during the post war.
- I urinate a tremendous amount at a time.
- He received a tremendous punch on the jaw from his opponent.
- In order for Japan to play a central role in the infrastructural improvement of Southeast Asia, tremendous effort between its government and people is required.
- Afterwards, because it was sanctioned by many of the successive dynasties Buddhism became widespread and had a tremendous impact on the development of Chinese thought, culture and art.
- DPFs first appeared in series production in 2000 in the Peugeot 607 diesel car and have since become more and more widespread, witnessing a tremendous growth in the last 3-4 years.
- The Commission observes that the DPF market in Europe has experienced tremendous growth over the last years, as all vehicle manufacturers adopt the technology to meet the Euro emission limits.
- Air France/KLM wishes to emphasise that, in the current economic climate, the whole aviation sector is facing tremendous pressure, and the Commission must therefore assess the compatibility of the aid proposed by Austria particularly carefully in order to ensure that this aid does not distort competition.