- unsuitable or regrettable
"an unfortunate choice of words"
"an unfortunate speech"
- not favored by fortune; marked or accompanied by or resulting in ill fortune
"an unfortunate turn of events"
"an unfortunate decision"
- How unfortunate!
- That's unfortunate.
- Tom is unfortunate.
- This is most unfortunate.
- That was unfortunate.
- Thankfully nothing unfortunate happened.
- It was unfortunate.
- What an unfortunate coincidence!
- This is unfortunate.
- The quarrel had unfortunate consequences.
- It was an unfortunate accident.
- It was unfortunate that it rained yesterday.
- There was an unfortunate incident at home.
- She sympathized with those unfortunate people.
- Tom met with an unfortunate accident.