- lacking in value or merit
"dispel a student whose conduct is deemed unworthy"
"unworthy of forgiveness"
- That man is unworthy of you.
- Mary considered herself unworthy of the affection Tom offered her.
- They are unworthy of the praise given them.
- An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
- The Cockney mode of speech, with its unpleasant twang, is a modern corruption without legitimate credentials, and is unworthy of being the speech of any person in the capital city of the Empire.