the act of making something wet
a euphemism for urination
- Mary is wetting her hair.
- I am wetting my handkerchief.
- Most children grow out of wetting the bed by the age of seven or eight.
- The wind conditions shall not interfere with wetting of the surface (wind-shields are permitted).
- The test pieces must be prepared for each test by wetting.
- It is recommended that track-side wetting be continuously applied throughout testing.
- until 26 August 2015, wetting agents for use in controlled electroplating systems;
- Lecithin can be present in small quantities when used as a wetting agent during manufacturing.
- The test pieces must be prepared for each test by wetting
- ‘Pre-wet or wash down system’ is a seawater spray system capable of simultaneously wetting the exterior superstructure and decks of a vessel.
- The surface may be wetted from the track-side or by a wetting system incorporated into the test vehicle or the trailer.
- The specific derogation to use PFOS as wetting agents for use in controlled electroplating systems is time limited in accordance with the COP4 decision.
- The specific derogation to use PFOS as wetting agents for use in controlled electroplating systems is time limited in accordance with the COP4 decision. If technically justified the deadline can be prolonged, subject to approval by the Conference of the Parties to the Convention.
- in the case of vehicles that incorporate a track wetting system, the water delivery nozzle(s) shall be such that the resulting water film is of uniform section extending at least 25 mm beyond the width of the tyre contact patch.
- mist suppressants for non-decorative hard chromium (VI) plating and wetting agents for use in controlled electroplating systems where the amount of PFOS released into the environment is minimised, by fully applying relevant best available techniques developed within the framework of Council Directive 96/61/EC of 24 September 1996 concerning integrated pollution prevention and control ,