- ontoegankelijk, onherbergzaam gebied op aarde, vrij van menselijk ingrijpen
- a wild and uninhabited area left in its natural condition
"it was a wilderness preserved for the hawks and mountaineers"
- a bewildering profusion
"the duties of citizenship are lost sight of in the wilderness of interests of individuals and groups"
"a wilderness of masts in the harbor"
- (politics) a state of disfavor
"he led the Democratic party back from the wilderness"
- a wooded region in northeastern Virginia near Spotsylvania where bloody but inconclusive battles were fought in the American Civil War
- Cultivate the wilderness.
- He believed in protecting America's wilderness areas.
- The newcomers cultivated the immense wilderness.
- Could you survive alone in the wilderness?
- The garden is turning into a wilderness.
- He believed in protecting the United States' wilderness areas.
- Hunting game is forbidden in this tranquil wilderness.
- Can you hike for days in the wilderness without seeing anyone?
- The day before yesterday he witnessed a weird incident in the wilderness.
- They wandered in the wilderness for forty years, and it was a different generation that entered the Promised Land and celebrated Tabernacles.
- In the wild wilderness, a leopard mother caresses her cub, as Hagar did Ishmael; or a queen of France the dauphin.