put in motion or move to act
"actuate the circuits"
- motiveren, begeesteren, enthousiasmeren, opwarmen
give an incentive for action
- The window lock, and not the movement of the window itself, shall actuate this device.
- The floor escape hatch lock, and not the movement of the hatch itself, shall actuate this device.
- The controls must be laid out in such a way that the operator can actuate them from a safe place.
- Actuate the valve of the aerosol dispenser, to discharge its contents for five seconds, unless ignition occurs.
- The forces, which are needed to actuate the closing and locking devices, shall be of a magnitude that can be applied by an operator without additional tools.
- Vehicles equipped with an overdrive which the driver can actuate shall be tested with the overdrive out of action for the urban cycle (Part One) and with the overdrive in action for the extra-urban cycle (Part Two).
- After initial engagement the selector shall not be operated at any time during the test except in the case specified in paragraph 6.4.3. below or if the selector can actuate the overdrive, if any.
- The driver must be able to actuate all control devices required to operate the machinery from the driving position, except for functions which can be safely actuated only by using control devices located elsewhere.
- The stopping distance shall be the distance covered by the vehicle from the moment when the driver begins to actuate the control of the braking system until the moment when the vehicle stops; the initial vehicle speed, v1, shall be the speed at the moment when the driver begins to actuate the control of the braking system; the initial speed shall not be less than 98 % of the prescribed speed for the test in question.
- Preliminary testing cycles should be carried out if necessary to determine how best to actuate the accelerator and brake controls so as to achieve a cycle approximating to the theoretical cycle within the prescribed limits.
- After initial engagement the selector shall not be operated at any time during the test except in the case specified in paragraph 6.4.3 below or if the selector can actuate the overdrive, if any.
- The provision of the judgment to the person concerned is for information purposes only; it shall neither be regarded as a formal service of the judgment nor actuate any time limits applicable for requesting a retrial or appeal.
- Systems that do not themselves positively actuate the steering system but that, possibly in conjunction with passive infrastructure features, simply warn the driver of a deviation from the ideal path of the vehicle, or of an unseen hazard, by means of a tactile warning transmitted through the steering control, are also considered to be corrective steering.
- The forces, which are needed to actuate the closing and locking devices, shall be of a magnitude that can be applied by an operator without additional tools. Exceptions are allowed when additional tools are specifically made available or when motor driven systems are used.
- a ‘WARNING’ message indicating that special care should be taken when using remote closing systems (see paragraph 18.104.22.168), for example to actuate it only when the operator has a clear view of the vehicle to be sure that nobody can be trapped by power-operated windows/roof-panel/partition equipment.