- It was adequate.
- I don't consider that adequate.
- An income adequate for one's needs.
- This meal is adequate for two.
- He is adequate for the post.
- This meal is adequate for three.
- She isn't adequate to the task.
- He is adequate to the job.
- The national health service was far from adequate.
- We need not only adequate water but clean water.
- This paper should be adequate for your purpose.
- The pay is not adequate for a family of six.
- Do you have adequate money for the trip?
- He took adequate clothes for a weekend trip.
- That threw adequate light on his feelings toward her.