- in a state of repose or especially sleep
- They are now at rest.
- Children are never at rest.
- We take a rest at noon.
- The injured man is now at rest.
- I can take a rest at last.
- He set her mind at rest.
- Let's turn off at the next rest stop.
- At noon they lay down in a forest to rest.
- An old man was at rest under the tree.
- During the day, we work, and at night, we rest.
- Have you ever had a rest at your office?
- Two airplanes, one large and one small, were at rest in the hangar.
- It will be best if you stay at home to rest today.
- At highway rest stops in Germany, many people eat currywurst with fries.
- At present he lives by himself and the rest of the world means nothing to him.