- werktuig om mee te vegen
- a cleaning implement for sweeping; bundle of straws or twigs attached to a long handle
- struikachtige plant
- common Old World heath represented by many varieties; low evergreen grown widely in the northern hemisphere
- any of various shrubs of the genera Cytisus or Genista or Spartium having long slender branches and racemes of yellow flowers
- finish with a broom
- A new broom sweeps clean.
- I need to borrow this broom.
- Grab a broom and help us clean.
- She sweeps the room with a broom.
- She is as thin as a broom stick.
- I need a new broom. This one's shot.
- For my birthday he gave me a broom and told me to get myself to work.
- Pass me the broom and dustpan, please. I spilled some crumbs on the floor.
- The angry wife was on the warpath; she hit her husband with a broom for coming home late and drunk.
- In the Netherlands, it is the custom that, when during the construction of a house the highest point has been reached and the roof is ready for tiling, the client treats the construction workers to so-called "tile beer" to celebrate this. A flag is then placed on the ridge of the house. If the client is too stingy to treat, not a flag, but a broom is placed.
- witches broom
- Witches' broom (MLO)
- Strawberry witches' broom mycoplasm