a short ad in a newspaper or magazine (usually in small print) and appearing along with other ads of the same type
- In this respect it is recalled that sets containing candles were being classified upon importation as candles. This means that an eventual ad valorem duty would be applied to the whole value of the set.
- The posts covered by these Staff Regulations shall be classified, according to the nature and importance of the duties to which they relate, in an administrators' function group (hereinafter ‘AD’) and an assistants' function group (hereinafter ‘AST’).
- Members of the group, ad hoc experts and any other persons invited to the group's meetings as observers shall be obliged not to disclose information which has come to their knowledge through the work of the group or its working groups and which has been classified by the Commission as confidential.
- The Commission classified the tariffs introduced by the 2004 Decree as operating aid and assessed whether such aid could be authorised on the basis of the regional aid guidelines , since in 2004 Sardinia was an assisted region pursuant to Article 87(3)(a) of the EC Treaty. The Commission expressed doubts on the possibility of authorising the aid on that basis, since such ad hoc aid, granted to a limited number of undertakings, did not seem to promote regional development.
- If the total amount of the turnover or the number of persons employed in a division of NACE Rev. 2 Sections B to E represents, in a Member State, less than 1 % of the Community total, the information necessary for the compilation of statistics relating to characteristic 21 14 0 need not to be collected for the purposes of this Regulation. If necessary for Community policy requirements, the Commission may, in accordance with the regulatory procedure referred to in Article 12(2), request ad hoc collection of these data. -------------------------------------------------- ANNEX III A DETAILED MODULE FOR STRUCTURAL STATISTICS IN TRADE SECTION 1 Aim The aim of this Annex is to establish a common framework for the collection, compilation, transmission and evaluation of Community statistics on the structure, activity, competitiveness and performance of the distributive trade sector. SECTION 2 Scope The statistics to be compiled will relate to the domains referred to in Article 1(a) to (e), in particular to: the structure of the distributive trade network and its evolution, distributive activity and forms of selling, as well as patterns of supply and sale., SECTION 3 Coverage 1. The statistics are to be compiled for all activities within the coverage of Section G of NACE Rev. 2. This sector covers the activities of wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles. Enterprise statistics refer to the population of all enterprises whose main activity is classified in Section G. 2. If the total amount of the turnover and the number of persons employed in a division of NACE Rev. 2 Section G normally represent, in a Member State, less than 1 % of the Community total, the information laid down in this Annex which is not in Annex I need not be collected for the purposes of this Regulation.