- a point of view or general attitude or inclination
"he altered the complexion of his times"
"a liberal political complexion"
- a combination that results from coupling or interlinking
"diphthongs are complexions of vowels"
- (obsolete) a combination of elements (of dryness and warmth or of the four humors) that was once believed to determine a person's health and temperament
- give a certain color to
"The setting sun complexioned the hills"
- She has a fair complexion.
- Tom has a dark complexion.
- The sunshine improved his complexion.
- This soap will improve her complexion.
- It was her fearfully pale complexion that caught his eye.
- Redheads often have a pale complexion and freckles.
- It puts a different complexion on the situation.
- She's got a fair complexion while her brother is very dark.
- Her girlish complexion belied the fact that she was over forty.
- Kate has a fair complexion, unlike the others in her family.