- a feeling of trust (in someone or something)
"I have confidence in our team"
"confidence is always borrowed, never owned"
- a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable
"public confidence in the economy"
- He lacks confidence.
- He abused my confidence.
- He betrayed my confidence.
- I lack confidence.
- I appreciate your confidence.
- Don't lose confidence, Mike.
- She lacks confidence.
- I admire your confidence.
- Have confidence in yourself.
- Tom has no self-confidence.
- I have confidence in Ken.
- I have confidence in you.
- You lacked confidence in yourself.
- He inspired me with confidence.
- I have confidence in him.