lure or entrap with or as if with a decoy
- aas om een dier te lokken met de bedoeling het te vangen
something used to lure fish or other animals into danger so they can be trapped or killed
- roepvogel, roervogel, lokvogel
a beguiler who leads someone into danger (usually as part of a plot)
- the use of decoy birds:
- decoy calls or whistles (heading 9208);
- the use of birds of the orders Anseriformes and Charadriiformes as decoy birds (decoy birds).’;
- implementation of a specific surveillance system for decoy birds,
- the use of decoy birds during bird-hunting:
- identification of the individual decoy birds by a ringing system,
- the use of birds of the orders Anseriformes and Charadriiformes as decoy birds (decoy birds) during bird-hunting.
- cleansing and disinfection of the means of transport and equipment used for the transport of decoy birds and for trips in the areas where decoy birds are placed,
- strict separation between decoy birds and domestic poultry and other captive birds circuit,
- restrictions and control of movements of decoy birds, in particular to prevent contacts with different open waters,
- Underwater countermeasures, including acoustic and magnetic jamming and decoy, equipment designed to introduce extraneous or erroneous signals into sonar receivers;
- Musical boxes, fairground organs, mechanical street organs, mechanical singing birds, musical saws, rattles, mouth-operated sirens; decoy calls; mouth-blown-, call horns and whistles
- Musical boxes, fairground organs, mechanical street organs, mechanical singing birds, musical saws, rattles, mouth-operated sirens; decoy calls; mouth-blown, call horns and whistles
- the use of birds of the orders Anseriformes and Charadriiformes as decoy during bird-hunting is prohibited; however, such birds may be used as decoy under the strict supervision of the competent authority for the attraction of wild birds intented for sampling in the framework of the surveillance programme set up in Decision 2005/732/EC.
- Decision 2005/734/EC also refers to the use of decoy birds for sampling pursuant to Member States’ programmes for avian influenza surveys as provided for in Decision 2005/732/EC.