- an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose
"the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"
"a device intended to conserve water"
- automatic pilot
- baby's dummy
- birth control device
- drop forge
- nest egg
- source of illumination
- suction cup
- He improved the device.
- This device produces electricity.
- What does this device do?
- A computer is a modern device.
- Edison invented a device for duplication.
- This machine doesn't have a safety device.
- I would like batteries for this device.
- The telephone is one wonderful device.
- This heating device uses oil as fuel.
- This device may come in handy.
- The telephone is just a wonderful device.
- This device is actuated by a switch.
- The cochlea implant is a technically ingenious device.
- Birds, for instance, have a special protective device.
- The device is attached fast to the ceiling.