- lure, entice, or entrap with bait
- attack with dogs or set dogs upon
- To bait and switch.
- Don't take the bait.
- He avoided the bait.
- I put a bait on a hook.
- There's a bait shop in my neighborhood.
- I put bait on the hook.
- He put live bait on a hook.
- I want to do some bass fishing, but I don't know what to use for bait.
- Once you've caught the fish, you no longer need the bait.
- I think it's time for me to put new bait on the hook.
- Before he went fishing, he dug up some worms for bait.
- If you want to stay a member of this club, you have to fish or cut bait.
- He kept complaining so much, without doing anything to help, that I finally had to tell him to fish or cut bait.
- After we disposed of the bin and bleached out the cupboard and I bought mouse traps and bait, in a matter of an hour, three mice have been caught!