to dress up
- je feestelijk kleden; smakeloos opmaken, uitdossen
- put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- deck out
- deck up
- fancy up
- fig out
- fig up
- get up
- gussy up
- rig out
- tog out
- tog up
- trick out
- trick up
- Must we dress up?
- I have to dress up.
- You don't have to dress up.
- Tom has to dress up for work.
- She likes to dress up as a nurse.
- She likes to dress up as a police officer.
- Mary asked Tom to zip up her dress.
- Americans, in general, don't like to dress up.
- That girl's dress made her look like a grown-up.
- She got herself up in a new dress.
- He likes to dress up as a police officer.
- She stayed up late to finish sewing your dress.
- Will you make me up a dress if I give you the material?
- I don't know which dress to choose; it's a toss up between the red one and the green one.
- Other made-up articles, including dress patterns: