a person who drinks alcoholic beverages (especially to excess)
a person who drinks liquids
- She's die-hard coffee drinker.
- Tom is a heavy drinker.
- Tom isn't much of a drinker.
- He's a drinker, so wine would probably be good for a souvenir.
- You get drunk on just one centimeter? And Kensuke was such a heavy drinker.
- You could get into the Guinness Book of World Records as the heaviest drinker.
- He's not a big drinker, but his friends all like to drink, so he often gets drunk.
- Samuel Johnson draws his own portrait as "a hardened and shameless tea drinker, who for twenty years diluted his meals with only the infusion of the fascinating plant; who with tea amused the evening, with tea solaced the midnight, and with tea welcomed the morning."
- Drinker type
- There should be sufficient drinkers or an adequate length of channel drinker to prevent dominant birds from monopolising them.
- One nipple or cup drinker should be provided for every three or four birds, with a minimum of two in each enclosure.