- flesh of any of numerous North American food fishes with toothless jaws
- a drinker who sucks (as at a nipple or through a straw)
- a shoot arising from a plant's roots
- Ann is a sucker for chocolate.
- He's a sucker for beautiful women.
- I'm a sucker for happy endings.
- There's a sucker born every minute.
- I am going to get that sucker.
- I was a sucker for her tears.
- You take me for a sucker, don't you?
- I suppose that means that, after all, people taken for a sucker give off a 'sucker aura'.
- The literal translation for the Spanish word "chupacabra" is "goat sucker."