- tijdeenheid één lager in rang dan eon
a period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event
a major division of geological time; an era is usually divided into two or more periods
(baseball) a measure of a pitcher's effectiveness; calculated as the average number of earned runs allowed by the pitcher for every nine innings pitched
- I was born during the Showa era.
- The revolution ushered in a new era.
- Heisei is next after the Showa era.
- The revolution brought in a new era.
- The invention of the transistor marked a new era.
- I'm a person who was born during the Showa era.
- I'm a man born in the Showa era.
- Il cammino forestale era stato completamente coperto di neve.
- A samurai in the Edo Era carried two swords.
- The phenomenon is typical of our modern era.
- The law was enacted in the Meiji era.
- The Medieval Era gave way to the Renaissance.
- We are in the era of atomic energy.
- The merchant accumulated tremendous fortune during the postwar era.
- The invention of the transistor introduced a new era.