- (of persons) freed from or not subject to an obligation or liability (as e.g. taxes) to which others or other things are subject
"a beauty somehow exempt from the aging process"
"exempt from jury duty"
- He is exempt from the military service.
- These articles are all exempt from duty.
- We will exempt you from attending.
- The goods are exempt from taxes.
- Donations to philanthropic programs are tax-exempt.
- I'm not exempt of the sufferings we've been subjected to.
- These articles are exempt from "Droits de douane".
- Tatoeba: Where being an orphan doesn't make you exempt in any way.
- I'm no misogynist, but were I so then I'd surely exempt you.
- BULGARIA Exempt
- Exempt financial holding companies
- Exempt billionaire holding companies
- Member States may exempt: