- show a violent emotional reaction
"The boss exploded when he heard of the resignation of the secretary"
- destroy by exploding
"The enemy exploded the bridge"
- drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
- show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
- cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/
- Explode, pig!
- Explode, swine!
- Steam boilers may explode.
- It might explode.
- It's about to explode!
- It's going to explode!
- I saw the car explode.
- Stars emanate gamma rays when they explode.
- Powders of aluminium, magnesium, silicon, etc. explode.
- I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.
- The news caused him to explode with anger.
- He was about to explode, but checked himself.
- Can we talk about that tomorrow? My head's going to explode.
- The aim of this game is to explode all the bombs on the screen.
- My heart is pounding so hard it feels like it's going to explode.