- indistinctly understood or felt or perceived
"a faint clue to the origin of the mystery"
"haven't the faintest idea"
- I'm going to faint.
- Tom might faint.
- I feel faint.
- Did Tom faint?
- His breathing became faint.
- I felt faint with hunger.
- Not for the faint-hearted!
- Tom began to feel faint.
- She gave a faint smile.
- It's not for the faint of heart.
- Faint grew the sound of the train.
- Faint heart never won fair lady.
- I thought I was going to faint.
- We waited with a faint expectation.
- I heard a faint sound nearby.