get the picture
to get the picture
get the meaning of something
- I think I get the picture.
- Let's get a picture of us with the sea in the background.
- You'll get a clear picture with this antenna on the roof.
- I'm only reading the scraps on news on the Internet, but, well, I get the general picture.
- It is necessary to collect reliable data on acrylamide levels in food over at least a three-year time span across the Community in order to get a clear picture of the levels of acrylamide in those foodstuffs that are known to contain high acrylamide levels and/or contribute significantly to the dietary intake of the whole population and of specific vulnerable groups, such as infants and young children.