- het belichten
- a focus of public attention
"when Congress investigates it brings the full glare of publicity to the agency"
- a light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted
"a glare of sunlight"
- be sharply reflected
"The moon glared back at itself from the lake's surface"
- The lights glare terribly.
- There's a lot of glare.
- The sun's glare is strong today.
- The sudden glare hurt his eyes.
- The sudden glare impinged painfully on his eyes.
- I glare resentfully at the crimson letter, is this the infamous red-paper draft notice?
- Anti-glare screens
- This implies a reduction of undue glare from vehicles headlamps in opposing traffic.
- Visual displays should be designed and installed to avoid glare and reflections.
- The verification should be based upon procedures to determine glare and reflections.
- Defective special devices such as anti-glare shield or anti-dazzle screen.
- Defective special devices such as anti-glare shield or anti-dazzle screen
- Provisions shall be made to protect the driver from the effects of glare and reflections caused by artificial interior lighting.
- ‘To avoid reflections, the bridge front windows shall be glare-free or fitted so as to exclude reflections effectively.
- Glare is the distracting (and potentially disabling) effect of bright light in an otherwise relatively dark scene which interferes with visual attention and selection.