- be perceived by
"Loud music greeted him when he entered the apartment"
- react to in a certain way
"The President was greeted with catcalls"
- Greet god!
- I greet you.
- Let's greet our guests.
- Where did you greet them?
- To be mad is to greet.
- Greet him with a warm smile.
- Greet her, if you see her!
- There is no one to greet me.
- I greet my teacher on the street.
- Paul came to Rome to greet me.
- He knows how to greet people in all languages.
- He rose to his feet to greet me.
- Hey, I was trying to familiarly greet you.
- He did not so much as greet the manager.
- It's the first time I greet Marika in Finnish.