- relating to or characteristic of heroes of antiquity
"the heroic age"
- Tom is heroic.
- He is heroic.
- That doesn't seem very heroic.
- It was heroic of them to oppose the enemy.
- The heroic deed is an act of the man frightened to death.
- Who can read the heroic deeds of brave men without a feeling of respect and admiration?
- It's not long gone failure, nor heroic deeds to come, but here and now, which you should consider.
- What I looked up to in Shota was not his 'strength'. It was his heroic courage to put his life on the line to carry out his convictions.
- On the 2nd of September 1792 when the general massacre of the prisoners took place at Paris, M. Sombreuil was on the point of being sacrificed when he was rescued from the hands of the assassins by the heroic conduct of his daughter, though on the dreadful condition that she would drink success to the republic in a goblet of blood!