- iem. die de plechtigheden regelt
- a person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers)
- any organization that provides resources and facilities for a function or event
"Atlanta was chosen to be host for the Olympic Games"
- a technical name for the bread used in the service of Mass or Holy Communion
- (medicine) recipient of transplanted tissue or organ from a donor
- Who will host the party?
- I want to thank my host family.
- The host entertained us at the party.
- Who's your favorite game show host?
- Who's your favorite talk show host?
- Our host offered us a drink.
- My host family often advises me.
- He had reckoned without his host.
- He thanked the host for the very enjoyable party.
- Who's your favorite late night talk show host?
- A host of friends came to see me off.
- He thanked his host for a most enjoyable party.
- My host family gave me a hearty welcome.
- We are faced with a host of problems.
- The host cut the turkey for the guests.