- moral corruption or contamination
"ambitious men are led astray by an infection that is almost unavoidable"
- (international law) illegality that taints or contaminates a ship or cargo rendering it liable to seizure
- the pathological state resulting from the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms
- (phonetics) the alteration of a speech sound under the influence of a neighboring sound
- It's an infection.
- You have a gum infection.
- I have an ear infection.
- There's no sign of infection.
- I had a bladder infection last month.
- The infection has reached the bloodstream.
- I think I have a gum infection.
- Antibiotics are a cure for infection.
- I got an infection and was prescribed antibiotics.
- If it's an infection, you might need antibiotics.
- The puncture wound was very deep and had to be examined for infection.
- Syphilis is an infection that can be transmitted through sexual intercourse.
- My doctor said that this sore throat is a streptococcal infection.
- You should clean that cut straight away, you don't want to get an infection!
- Effective use of disinfectant is an important subject in relation to infection control in hospitals.