- in accordance with recognized or accepted standards or principles
"legitimate advertising practices"
- of marriages and offspring; recognized as lawful
- show or affirm to be just and legitimate
- It’s a legitimate worry.
- That was legitimate.
- The Mafia uses legitimate business operations as a front.
- Which prince is the legitimate heir to the throne?
- We consider public libraries a legitimate citizen's right.
- We consider it the citizens' legitimate right to have public libraries.
- I won't divorce you unless you give me a legitimate reason.
- The Cockney mode of speech, with its unpleasant twang, is a modern corruption without legitimate credentials, and is unworthy of being the speech of any person in the capital city of the Empire.
- Legitimate software applications from leading vendors are carrying an additional unwanted load. Together with their application, some of them change various browser settings as if your browser is theirs. Did you know that AVG, ICQ, Jookz, Babylon, ZoneAlarm, Incredimail just to name a few, tweak your homepage, default search and other settings?
- Legitimate expectations
- Other legitimate users
- Legitimate expectations and incentive effect
- Legitimate expectations of the beneficiaries
- protecting of legitimate interests of:
- The Terni companies claim legitimate expectations on two grounds: