imaginative or creative writing
- From a literary point of view, his work is a failure.
- Critique of Pure Reason is German philosopher Immanuel Kant's chief literary work.
- It is a literary work confronting the class problem of a consumer society.
- The Koran, far from being inimitable, is a literary work of inferior quality, as it is neither clear, nor understandable, nor does it possess any practical value and is certainly not a revealed book.
- The game is inspired by a film, an audiovisual work, a literary or artistic work or a European cartoon strip.
- Since copyright exists from the creation of a work and does not require formal registration, it is appropriate to adopt the rule laid down in Article 15 of the Berne Convention, which establishes the presumption whereby the author of a literary or artistic work is regarded as such if his/her name appears on the work.
- for the author of a literary or artistic work, in the absence of proof to the contrary, to be regarded as such, and consequently to be entitled to institute infringement proceedings, it shall be sufficient for his/her name to appear on the work in the usual manner;
- The criterion for which two points are awarded if the game takes its inspiration from a film, an audiovisual, literary or artistic work or a European cartoon strip has a less pronounced cultural content since it depends on the cultural level of the work on which the video game draws.
- The rights of an author of a literary or artistic work within the meaning of Article 2 of the Berne Convention shall run for the life of the author and for 70 years after his death, irrespective of the date when the work is lawfully made available to the public.
- The criterion for which two points are awarded if the game takes its inspiration from a film, an audiovisual, literary or artistic work or a European cartoon strip has a less pronounced cultural content since it depends on the cultural level of the work on which the video game draws. This is, however, reflected in the smaller number of points attached to this criterion, which is therefore proportional and can consequently be accepted.
- In order to establish a high level of protection which at the same time meets the requirements of the internal market and the need to establish a legal environment conducive to the harmonious development of literary and artistic creation in the Community, the term of protection for copyright should be harmonised at 70 years after the death of the author or 70 years after the work is lawfully made available to the public, and for related rights at 50 years after the event which sets the term running.