- an ironclad vessel built by Federal forces to do battle with the Merrimac
- check, track, or observe by means of a receiver
- I'll monitor your progress from my computer.
- Parents should monitor their children's whereabouts.
- Many companies monitor their employees' internet activity.
- Parents should monitor their children's activities.
- What's the reading on the blood pressure monitor?
- It's hard for me, reading letters on the monitor.
- Whilst at university, Xiaowang held the post of class monitor.
- A satellite was launched into orbit to monitor melting glaciers.
- Brightening your monitor should only require one button.
- A regional observatory will be directed to monitor the execution of the plan.
- The government is looking for ways to monitor online chatter about political issues and correct what it perceives as misinformation.
- The baby monitor is picking up the signal.
- Here's an optical illusion: you think you are looking at a cube, while in fact you are looking at your monitor.
- A display, aka monitor, is an appliance that displays video signal of still images and moving pictures produced by a computer or similar device.
- Sir Peter Blake was tragically killed by pirates on the Amazon river in 2001 as he was on a mission to monitor environment change.