- the condition of having been proposed as a suitable candidate for appointment or election
"there was keen competition for the nomination"
"his nomination was hotly protested"
- He accepted the nomination.
- I second his nomination.
- Tom accepted the nomination for class president.
- He did not win his party's nomination.
- Forty-seven men wanted the nomination.
- Candidates whose nomination was rejected have five days to appeal.
- No man received enough votes to win the nomination.
- She won an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress.
- No one received enough votes to win the nomination.
- Nomination procedures
- Composition — nomination
- Composition — Nomination — Appointment
- Membership of ESRAB — Nomination
- THE NOMINATION COMMITTEE
- Nomination as commander