- characteristic of one only; distinctive or special
"the peculiar character of the Government of the U.S."
- markedly different from the usual
"a peculiar hobby of stuffing and mounting bats"
"a man...feels it a peculiar insult to be taunted with cowardice by a woman"
- Feathers are peculiar to birds.
- Was Nazism peculiar to Germany?
- Language is peculiar to man.
- This is a custom peculiar to Japan.
- Every nation has its peculiar character.
- This milk has a peculiar taste.
- The plants are peculiar to the district.
- This milk has a peculiar smell.
- This custom is peculiar to Japan.
- The practice is peculiar to Japan.
- He is very peculiar in his behavior.
- The surface of the peculiar object is fairly rough.
- Can you name any plants peculiar to Japan?
- There seems to be something peculiar about the boy.
- This is a weakness peculiar to young people.