- a collection of plants (trees or shrubs or flowers) in a particular area
"the landscape architect suggested a small planting in the northwest corner"
- We're planting seeds.
- I'm not planting their trees.
- The peasants were planting rice.
- Spring is the season for planting trees.
- I am planting an orange tree.
- I am planting beans in my garden.
- Planting forests is good for the environment.
- She's planting flowers in the garden.
- She's in the garden planting roses.
- My mother is busy planting flowers in the garden.
- Spread compost on the garden beds before planting your seedlings.
- My neighbor is planting new grass in his yard.
- Johnny kept planting apple seeds for 46 years.
- Tom is planting a palm tree in his backyard.
- The detective was accused of planting evidence at the scene of the crime.