- straight down especially heavily or abruptly
"the anchor fell plump into the sea"
"we dropped the rock plump into the water"
- I may be plump, but I'm vigorous.
- It is said that Didon had for dinner ten plump turkeys' backs.
- The world's greatest singers and most of its famous musicians have been fat or at least decidedly plump.
- Every day grandfather and grandmother gave the kitten plenty of milk and soon the kitten grew nice and plump.
- The plump young woman thrust the heel of her stiletto into my big toe under the pretence that I had been too forceful.