- Death preferable to shame.
- Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Work is preferable to idleness.
- Death is preferable to such suffering.
- I think death is preferable to shame.
- Prevention is much preferable to cure.
- It is preferable that he gets there by tomorrow.
- Bad news is preferable to an absence of information.
- It is preferable that she do it alone.
- A conservative tie is preferable to a loud one for a job interview.
- For me, reading at home is preferable to reading sitting beside strangers in a library.
- Poverty with honesty is preferable to wealth obtained by unfair means.
- It is preferable for enclosures to be rectangular.
- It is therefore preferable to recur to an autonomous measure.
- Solid floors with bedding or perforated floors are preferable to grid or wire mesh floors.