to put over
- communicate successfully
"He put over the idea very well"
- Put it over there.
- Put the bags over there.
- He put a cover over his car.
- Put out the candle. The blackout is over.
- What shall I put on over my sweater?
- What should I put on over my sweater?
- Nobody can put anything over on the bureau chief.
- I put off writing for over a month.
- In the fall, covers are put over the fans in trains.
- She put her hands over her ears to shut out the noise.
- Put the cap back on the bottle in case the cat knocks it over.
- She put the blanket over the child sleeping on the sofa.
- What is hard to put up with is his over-politeness.
- We talked over Jack's plan to put in air conditioning, but could not come to a decision.
- Tom, alone, bent over the left edge of the sentence, was hesitating to jump, to put an end to all this story.