- extract (something such as stones) from or as if from a quarry
- There is a rock quarry just north of town.
- There's a rock quarry ten miles west of town.
- There was a swimming hole in the abandoned quarry where marble had been found years ago.
- Quarry impact ratio
- Yearly limit value measured along the border of quarry area.
- affected area (quarry front + active dump) / m2 authorised area
- Measured along the border of quarry area (dB(A))
- the map indicating the location of the quarry;
- Assessment and verification: the applicant shall provide appropriate documentation to show whether or not there is any interference between the quarry and the surface water body.
- The grit is normally composed of marble and granite quarry granulate and the binder is made from artificial components as unsaturated polyester resin or hydraulic cement.
- The production and consumption of Lardo di Colonnata are traditionally linked to the milieu of the marble quarry workers of Colonnata.
- The production, consumption and, by extension, culture of pig fat in Colonnata have always been connected with the work and lives of the marble quarry workers.
- Assessment and verification: the applicant shall provide appropriate documentation, including a map, of the land capability classification of the quarry site.
- Population density of settlements which lie within a 5 km radius (distance) from the quarry site: (weightings: 0,5 — 0,9, see table) quarry impact ratio (I.2), air quality (I.4), water quality (I.5) and noise (I.6) indicators are weighted in function of three density ranges:
- (weightings: 0,5) — If the quarry interferes with surface water bodies (average flow < 5 m3/s) there is a weight of 0,5 on both the indicators about water recycling ratio (I.1) and water quality (I.5).