- cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid
- reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
- electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
- Distant water won't quench your immediate thirst.
- I quench my thirst with a cold glass of water.
- I had a glass of beer to quench my thirst.
- Revenge can't satisfy your feelings just like salt water can't quench your thirst.
- quench check
- NOx analyzer quench checks
- Water quench check
- Maximum allowable quench
- % Quench=1–C×A
- quench of NOx analyzer
- Water quench of NOx analyzer
- % Quench = 100 × ((De – C) / De) × (Hm / H)
- 2 per cent combined CO2 and water quench.
- The per cent quench shall be calculated as follows:
- The per cent water quench shall be calculated as follows: