- (used of persons and their behavior) cultivated and genteel
"she was delicate and refined and unused to hardship"
"refined people with refined taste"
- freed from impurities by processing
- She is somewhat refined.
- His speech is very refined.
- She is a very refined lady.
- When refined, crude oil yields many products.
- I'm looking for a coat. I'm short so the length should be on the short side, and as refined a design as possible.
- In this democratic age of ours men clamour for what is popularly considered the best, regardless of their feelings. They want the costly, not the refined; the fashionable, not the beautiful.
- Refined copper
- Refined lanolin
- Refined fats
- Refined oils
- Refined sulphur
- Refined lead
- Refined copper:
- Of refined copper: