- the act of giving up and abandoning a struggle or task etc.
- a verbal act of renouncing a claim or right or position etc.
- INTRODUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING OR RELINQUISHMENT OF A SECONDARY RESIDENCE
- the relinquishment of any control — de facto or de jure — over Fluxys SA, which will be the transmission operator of all regulated gas infrastructures in Belgium (transport/transit, storage, Zeebrugge LNG terminal) after the reorganisation of its activities.
- On the other hand, and for the same reasons, exit from the market, in the form of a relinquishment by the State of its control, seems at present extremely unlikely.
- The exemption shall also be granted, subject to the conditions mentioned in paragraph 1, where, following the relinquishment of a secondary residence, property is introduced to the normal residence or to another secondary residence, provided that the property in question has actually been in the possession of the person concerned, and that he has had the use of it, before establishment of a second residence.
- The ongoing transformation of OTE from an ex-monopolist to a company that is subject to the same legal framework as any other private operator in Greece, with the subsequently envisaged relinquishment by the Greek State of its control over the company, improves the operation of the Greek electronic communications market, lowers the barriers to entry and exit in the market  and is beneficial in the longer term to end-users.